Get ready for your overseas adventure!
There are various sponsor programmes to help you finance studying or doing an internship abroad. However, there is more to organising a trip abroad as part of your degree than just financial considerations.
First, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to study abroad, i.e. complete study modules at a partner institute, or would you rather work on a project, write an academic thesis, or do an internship (while writing a thesis)?
- What language skills do you have?
- Which countries would you consider traveling to?
- When and for how long do you want to go abroad (during your master’s programme/bachelor’s programme/after graduating)?
Don’t forget to:
- start your preparations on time, i.e. at least a year before you plan to start your trip.
- gather information, especially about costs and financial options.
- use the time before the trip to hone your language skills.
- plan enough time and perservere in your preparations.