HfT Leipzig – An International Experience
International relations play a significant role at the Deutsche Telekom University of Applied Sciences for Telecommunications in Leipzig (HfTL). Within the university, the international nature of the courses prepares students for a career in a global setting. Additionally, exchange programmes expand students’ horizons to beyond the borders of Europe. The HfTL’s International Office is the right place for you to get the necessary contacts that can help you when you want to study abroad.
The International Office
The International Office is responsible for initiating and maintaining relationships with partner universities and other institutions involved student and lecturer exchanges. It organises exchange programmes with international partners. HfTL students are given competent advice on studying or doing an internship abroad. Our colleagues are very proficient in planning and preparing student exchanges. Because of their expertise, they are important contacts for international and visiting students
HfTL Partner Institutions
The university has established many international contacts. They are located all over the world and actively contribute to facilitating student and teacher exchanges.
|Monday||09:15 - 09:45 a.m.|
|Tuesday||01:00 - 02:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||09:15 - 09:45 a.m.
01:00 - 02:00 p.m.
|Thursday||01:00 - 01:45 p.m.|
Individual appointments at other times may be made by prior arrangement.
For more information, you can also visit the International Office’s information center (located on the ground floor, section C).
HFTL TRÄGERGESELLSCHAFT mbH
Hochschule für Telekommunikation Leipzig
D 04251 Leipzig
Ground floor, section C
Room C 0.77/C 0.78
International Office - Staff
Head of the International Office
- maintaining and building relationships between colleges/universities according to the HfTL’s international strategy
- providing advice and support for the university institutes and management regarding international activities
- providing advice and information for students and teachers at the university about exchange programme opportunities
- ERASMUS/TEMPUS coordination
- procurement and administration of third-party funding; management of mobility programmes, including ERASMUS, STIBET, PROMOS, Go-East
- mentoring programme for international students
- partnerships with external support schemes and networks such as DAAD, FULBRIGHT, Inwent, EAIE, LEONARDO-Büro Sachsen
- organisation and supervision of exchange programmes
+49 341 3062-421
International Office staff member
- Advising and supervising international students on questions concerning:
- health insurance
- opening bank accounts
- accommodation (e.g. dormitories)
- internal university organisation
- resident’s registration office
- visa process / alien’s registration office
- student assistance
- Organisation and supervision of international students during their stay
- invitations / visas
- providing information for prospective students about entry requirements and conditions for studying at the HfTL
- processing money orders and DAAD scholarship accounting